"If wishes and buts were clusters of nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola!" ~ Strangers with Candy
My most favorite of treats. Cocoa, Dried Cheeries, Almonds, steal--cut oats.........home-made granola.
Sprinkle over greek yogurt and I am in heaven!!!
Reserve the bean
3 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking or instant)
¼ cup Baking Cocoa
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
½ cup almonds
½ cup pecans
1 cup dried cherries
· Preheat oven to 300°F.
· Pour the oil into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Heat in the oven for about 10 minutes.
· In a small pot, heat the honey, stirring in the vanilla seeds and the reserved bean. Simmer lightly for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit while preparing the oats.
· Thoroughly stir in the oats and cocoa and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
· Stir in the coconut, almonds, pecans and salt and bake for 5 minutes.
· Remove the vanilla bean from the warm honey and pour over the oat mixture. Add the cherries and thoroughly toss to coat the mixture.
· Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove from the oven. Cool on a wire rack, stirring once or twice until cooled.
· Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Will keep indefinitely